Re: [Help-glpk] Patch for pseudocost branching with product score

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Patch for pseudocost branching with product score
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 17:19:17 +0300

Hi Chris,

> This patch adds the option to select the branching variable using
> pseudocosts with product score, as described in Tobias Achterberg's
> thesis [1]. This is selected with a new br_tech option (GLP_BR_PMH)
> and a new option in glpsol (--pcostmul), so the old default behaviour
> is preserved. The patch also updates the manual accordingly.
>
> The patch is on top of the three initial patches I sent for
> speeding-up pseudocost initialisation, but should apply even without
> them.

Thank you very much for your contribution.

I think to make no changes in the mip solver at least in a next release.
At first I'd like to finish the dual simplex routines (including your
patch from May 2016), and then inspect and implement your improvements
related to the mip solver.

BTW, how did you implement bfd_copy? I missed that.

Best regards,

Andrew Makhorin