[Help-glpk] Transfer solution file between clp and glpsol

From: Greg Gruber
Subject: [Help-glpk] Transfer solution file between clp and glpsol
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 21:36:50 -0500

Hello,

I have a problem which is solving much faster in clp than with glpsol. I would like to continue to use GMPL for my formulation and post-processing.  If I run just using glpsol, it takes far too long; if I run with clp (compiled for GMPL support), I get a solution quickly, however clp then crashes.  If i do the following:

glpsol --check --wfreemps foo.mps -m mymod.mod -d mydat.dat
clp foo.mps

It solves quickly.

My problem is that I want to use GMPL scrip for some post-processing as well.  Is there any way to
1. use glpsol to generate an mps (or lp) file
2. use clp to solve the underlying problem
3. SAVE the solution to a file
4. use glpsol to READ the solution and do post-processing using GMPL   ?

Thanks,
Greg