[Help-glpk] scaling in glpk_4_64.dll

From: Huber, Jean-Christophe
Subject: [Help-glpk] scaling in glpk_4_64.dll
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 14:39:18 +0000

Dear GLPK-team,

I’m using GLPK64 from VBA/Excel and wanted to define scaling options.

In the given example for VBA (file glpk.bas in the GLPK64 zip file from SourceForge), there is no declaration for the scaling function.

I tried adding manually as defined below:

#if win64 then

Declare PtrSafe Sub glp_scale_prob Lib "C:\GLP_DLL\glpk_4_64.dll" (ByVal lp As LongPtr, ByVal flags As Long)

#else

Declare PtrSafe Sub glp_scale_prob Lib "C:\GLP_DLL\glpk_4_64_stdcall.dll" (ByVal lp As LongPtr, ByVal flags As Long)

#endif

This works well in win32, using the stdcall compilation.

This does not work (VBA crashes at execution) when using the w64 build. Without scaling, there is no other issue with other functions.

By the way, there is also no declaration for « glp_print_sol » function of GLPK. I could ad dit but I’m wondering why the example in GLPK.bas do not include it. Any issue with it ?

Thansk for support / advice

Regards