Re: [Fwd: Portable version]

From: Heinrich Schuchardt
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Portable version]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 12:20:59 +0100

Am 2. November 2020 10:53:06 MEZ schrieb Andrew Makhorin <mao@gnu.org>:
-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: "Andraschko, Bernhard" <andras03@ads.uni-passau.de>
To: help-glpk@gnu.org <help-glpk@gnu.org>
Subject: Portable version
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 07:21:45 +0000

Hi,

I'm currently working for the Chair of Symbolic Computation in Passau
and help developing ApCoCoA-2, a computer algebra framework mainly for
commutative algebra for Linux and for Windows.

We would like to include include a version of GLPK into our framework,
but have failed yet with compiling a portable standalone version of
glpsol as the configuration and the built always writes direkt paths
into many files. Also replacing all paths by new ones didn't help.

Is there a way to compile a portable version?

Best Regards
Bernhard Andraschko

Dear Bernhard,

please, provide a log of the errors that you observed.

On Linux you may have to set LD_LIBRARYY_PATH if you put GLPK library into an unusual place.

Don't forget running ldconfig.

On Windows the GLPK library must be in one of the directories indicated by %PATH%.

Best regards

Heinrich