Re: Virtical Split & Mouse Support

From: Donnie V. Savage
Subject: Re: Virtical Split & Mouse Support
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 15:31:04 -0500

charles> On 14 Kislev 5761, Donnie V. Savage wrote:
tennis> Is there any way to use the mouse for controlling the location
tennis> of the vertical split bar?? I would like to be able to adjust
tennis> the split bar location with the mouse just like I can adjust
tennis> the horizontal split bar by simply clicking on it and moving
tennis> up or down.
>>  Tennis, it works for me. I just left click (and hold) on the bar,
>> move it to where I want, and let go. I looked and the mouse key is
>> defined as:
>>
>> mode-line down-mouse-1 runs the command mouse-drag-mode-line:
>> Change the height of a window by dragging on the mode line.

charles> He said the "vertical split bar."

Sorry about that :-) missed the "vertical" part.....

charles> Unfortunately all mouse clicks in there are by default bound
charles> to scrolling (since it's a scroll bar, pretty much, not a
charles> modeline), I think, if you use scroll-bars.

charles> If you turn scroll bars off (M-x scroll-bar-mode), then you
charles> can drag that.  If you have them on and you _very_ carefully

and sure enough I have:

      (if (fboundp 'scroll-bar-mode)
          (scroll-bar-mode -1))

so it works for me - If I look at the definition of a mouse down event
on a vertical split bar I get:

        vertical-line down-mouse-1 runs the command mouse-drag-vertical-line:
        Change the width of a window by dragging on the vertical line.

later,
:-)