Re: A possible marker bug in emacs 20.4

From: G Annamalai
Subject: Re: A possible marker bug in emacs 20.4
Date: 06 Mar 2001 11:25:06 +0530

Hi,

Well,  I dont know much of elisp.  So just trying to help.

In the function, if all you wanted was to remember the present state
of the buffer (cursor-position, etc) you might be interested in the
function "save-excursion".

C-h f save-excursion gives

<snip>
Save point, mark, and current buffer; execute BODY; restore those things.
Executes BODY just like `progn'.
<snip>

Maybe thats what you are looking for.

Cheers,
anna

--

If it wasn't for C, we'd be using BASI, PASAL and OBOL.