RE: Mouse moves past end of file--BAD!!!-how prevent this?!?!?!

From: Bingham, Jay
Subject: RE: Mouse moves past end of file--BAD!!!-how prevent this?!?!?!
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 14:02:47 -0600

I think that what you want is the following in your .emacs

(setq next-line-add-newlines nil)

I tried pointing past the end of the text with the mouse when this was
set to true but nothing happened, so I am not sure what else you might
have set.  What this does is stops new lines from being added when you
hit the end of the buffer with cursor movement commands, specifically
the down arrow.  I am not sure but there might a variable that allows
the mouse to emulate down arrows when it is clicked beyond the end of
the buffer.

J_)
C_)ingham
.    COMPAQ NonStop Integrity Systems
.    Austin, TX
. Language is the apparel in which your thoughts parade in public.
. Never clothe them in vulgar and shoddy attire. -Dr. George W. Crane-