Global Font Lock won't enable font lock in compilation mode until I swit

From: Stephanos Piperoglou
Subject: Global Font Lock won't enable font lock in compilation mode until I switch windows
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 17:16:27 +0100

I'm using GNU Emacs 21.1 under Win2k; I've got global-font-lock-mode
enabled, but whenever I start a compilation, the *compilation* buffer
doesn't get any font locking until I hit C-x o or otherwise switch
windows (e.g. by a mouse click or activating the mini-buffer).

I thought it might the fault of font-lock-support-mode, which I tried
setting to nil, but I got the same results.

Does anybody know how to make compilation mode buffers font-locked from
the moment compilation is started?

-S.

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service.