2 little problems

From: Mike & Megan
Subject: 2 little problems
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 11:11:27 +1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)

I've followed the instructions on the web, configuring and making emacs, but can't find how to run it.  I'm new to linux (mandrake 8.2) and don't know how to search to find it. Can you help or point me to a useful web page?

Also, how do I make it so no matter where I am in the linux terminal window whenever I type 'emacs' it automatically loads emacs whether I'm in the directory of the executable or not?

Thanks for you help,
Mike