Re: Newbie, Emacs won't quit

From: Jochen Küpper
Subject: Re: Newbie, Emacs won't quit
Date: 01 Sep 2002 17:01:31 -0400

On Sun, 01 Sep 2002 19:21:08 GMT Greg K wrote:

Greg> I just downloaded Cygwin last week and I've been poking around
Greg> on the editors using a Linux programming book. I invoked Emacs,
Greg> and every command on it seems to work with the exception of the
Greg> "quit" command (C-x C-c). Even the Emacs help says to use this
Greg> but it still does not work. The only way I seem to be able to
Greg> quit from it is to access the menu bar by pressing F10, then
Greg> Enter, then pressing "e". Has anyone ever seen this? Is this a
Greg> bug specific to Emacs in Cygwin?

Works for me.  Emacs-21.2 on Cygwin.

I compiled it myself 'cause I wanted Motif scrollbars, but since I
used the cygwin-sources that *shouldn't* affect it.

Greetings,
Jochen
    Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité                GnuPG key: 44BCCD8E
        Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll