RE: State of the art in Emacs outlining?

From: Tom Davey
Subject: RE: State of the art in Emacs outlining?
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 22:52:10 -0400

Alex,

Thanks to you and Kai for your replies. The advice is sound -- learn
standard outlining first, and then worry about enhanced packages once I
figure out what else I need. My worry is that I already know what I
need: easier repositioning of items and trees (demoting/promoting),
which allout.el and others packages seem to promise. But really I'm just
guessing, so I'll be patient.

Thanks also for the link to the Emacs Wiki. The site is a tremendous
resource. I go there often!

Tom Davey

--
Tom Davey