Re: Mac OSX Fatal error (6).Abort trap

From: Ashley Sanders
Subject: Re: Mac OSX Fatal error (6).Abort trap
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 20:30:44 +0000

Rodney Sparapani wrote:
I think you need to do "make bootstrap". If that is what you did, then maybe you could
go over the steps that you used for us.  Thanks.

I did the make bootstrap. The steps I took are exactly those
as detailed on the web page I referenced in my original message, ie:

  curl -O ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/texinfo/texinfo-4.3.tar.gz
  tar zxf texinfo-4.3.tar.gz
  cd texinfo-4.3
  CFLAGS="-g -O2 -D_INTL_REDIRECT_MACROS" ./configure
  make
  sudo make install

  cd ..
  cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs login
  cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs co emacs
  cd emacs
  ./configure --with-carbon --without-x
  make bootstrap
  sudo make install

Hans-Peter Binder wrote:
> the right way is to type emacs -nw

Gee, thanks.

The abort() is called from the following line:

    if (!(mwp->mWP = GetNewCWindow (WINDOW_RESOURCE, NULL,
                                    (WindowPtr) -1)))
      abort ();

The Mac help says of GetNewCWindow:

"If GetNewCWindow is unable to read the window or window definition function from the resource file, it returns null."

I'm afraid I don't know what the resource file is or why GetNewCWindow
would be unable to read from it.

Any further pointers gratefully received.

Ashley.