window-list emulation for Emacs 20.X?

From: Klaus Berndl
Subject: window-list emulation for Emacs 20.X?
Date: 14 Jan 2003 08:20:17 +0100

The new function `window-list' of Emacs 21.X is very useful. Now i'm searching
for an elisp-emulation of this Emacs21-buildin-function which works for Emacs
20.x. I need this to preserve our package from going incompatible with Emacs
20.x

Does anybody know such an emulation?

It would be enough if the window list always starts from the left-most
top-most window of a frame and if minibuffer is not counted, so
(defun window-list (frame) ...) would be OK.

Many Thanks in advance,
Klaus

--
Klaus Berndl                    mailto: klaus.berndl@sdm.de