Re: simple-wiki-mode and simple-wiki-edit-mode

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: simple-wiki-mode and simple-wiki-edit-mode
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 01:30:23 +0100

Karl Eichwalder <keichwa@gmx.net> writes:

> Alex Schroeder <alex@emacswiki.org> writes:
>
>>      ("\\<[A-ZÄÖÜ]+[a-zäöü]+\\([A-ZÄÖÜ]+[a-zäöü]*\\)+\\>" .
>> font-lock-keyword-face)
>
> What about all the other valid 8bit characters?

Sure -- but that depends on the wiki you use.  I use simple-wiki mode
for the Emacs Wiki, and my (part German) homepage, and I allow Umlauts
for my German homepage.  I don't even know whether I have enabled
non-ASCII characters for the Emacs Wiki.

Anyway, the point is that you need to adapt this regexp to the wiki
you are contacting.  At the moment, this flexibility is not built into
the code, since I do not know of any other wiki that allows you to
browse plain text representations...

>> (require 'sgml-mode)
>
> Is it possible to aloow usage of psgml, too?

No, because the wiki is not really HTML.  I use sgml-mode only for
sgml-tag (and there again, the tags allowed are based on the wiki, and
I just provide the tags I need and suggest for the Emacs Wiki).  I
also have an extension somewhere (dunno whether I posted it, too)
where I have code that translates ISO entities back into their
characters -- and that uses a table defined in sgml-mode.el.

In short, I requires sgml-mode not because this has anything to do
with SGML, but because I need one or two utilities in that file.

Alex.