Re: Opening *Calendar* in its own frame

From: Jonathon Isaac Swiderski
Subject: Re: Opening *Calendar* in its own frame
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:53:33 -0500

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Matt wrote:
> > Jonathon Isaac Swiderski wrote:
> >
> >>I'm using v20.7.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> >>(if (eq window-system 'x) ; if we are running under X windows...
> >>    (progn
> >>      (calendar)
> >>      (speedbar)))
> >>

> >>I'd like to have the calendar be in its own frame.
> >

> I added  (select-frame-by-name "*scratch*")
> to return focus to the main frame.

I have 'focus-follows-mouse' in my CDE setup, but i did reverse the order
the two are created:   (speedbar) (calendar)
so that the speedbar doesn't associate itself with the calendar frame
(i.e., match the calendar's size and position on startup, try to find files
in the calendar frame, etc.).

thanks to galen et al. for your help.

--
Jonathon Isaac Swiderski \\ dangercat-20@dangercat.net
cs.oberlin.edu/~jswiders  \\  www.dangercat.net/resume

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others."
  -- Groucho Marx