Re: How to customize default face (font)? (2nd post)

From: A . L . Meyers
Subject: Re: How to customize default face (font)? (2nd post)
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 08:33:19 +0100

Oliver Scholz <alkibiades@gmx.de> writes:

> A. L. Meyers <me@privacy.net> writes:
> [...]
> [...]
>
>> Sorry if I wasn't verbose enough, Oliver.  I just tried to copy the
>> above line generated by xemacs customize into .emacs.el but obviously
>> this simplistic approach does not work.  Also already tried to use emacs
>> customize to achieve the same goal but there are obviously
>> incompatibilities, like the one you mention.
>>
>> Either way (.emacs.el or customize) would be fine with me.
> [...]
>
> Well, then I think it's best to use customize. Please type `M-x
> customize-face RET default RET'. Then enter "Terminus" (without the
> quotes) into the editable field after the attribute "Font
> family". And enter "110" into the editable field after "Height". Make
> sure that "Height in 1/10 pt" is chosen from the value menu. Then
> click on "Set for current session" to see whether this has the
> desired effect. If it has, click on "Save for future sessions".
>
> [If this doesn't work: what operating system do you use and what
> version of Emacs?]
>
>     Oliver

Thanks again, Oliver.  Your last recommendations seems to work.
However, I had to click the other small boxes to the left in order to
have attributes other than height and font family take no effect.
Interestingly enough, the look of the Terminus font (same machine) at 11
points height under Emacs seems different from Xemacs, the latter
appearing noticeably larger on the screen.  On the other hand, the
different foreground and background (Emacs white on black, Xemacs
standard colours on light grey) might suggest this effect.

Answers to your queries:  OS Debian GNU/Linux testing, Emacs 21.2 from
Debian testing package.

Cheers!

Lucien
--
If you receive this by error, please delete it and inform the sender.
PGP key fingerprint=F1C0 D9AE 1B18 1405 4DFA  B4CC 6DC7 FF78 C76E FB15