Re: An idea, Emacsmonks

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: An idea, Emacsmonks
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 00:23:03 +0100

Let me see how well emacswiki.org fits the bill...

> 1. Webbased Interface (Universal)

Ok, we have that.

> 2. Question/Answers

We also have that (OpenQuestions page) but in general we prefer to
create new pages for problems.

> 3. Knowledge repository

Yes, the wiki is that.

> 4. Regular user base

That is also true, if you look at the RecentChanges page.

> 5. Chat, Messages, Helping Hands

All good Emacs and XEmacs users hang out on #emacs, of course.  /JOIN
is now on irc.freenode.org -- see http://www.freenode.org/

> 6. All in one place

Yep!

> 7. More thinkable application

I wonder what that is?

> 8. Faster Learning Curve

We have the fastest learning curve!

> 9. Faster Idea Exchange

I assume this is not a property of the userinterface but of the userbase!
I would like to think that the wiki does that, but I think the fact
is that most of the new stuff first needs some throwing back and
forth, and that happens on #emacs, where other people will provide
immediate feedback.

> 10. Archive Search

Have that.

> 11.(My familiar interface :-).

Join the wiki side, my son!  Together, we can rule the Empire!

Alex.