Re: Does gnu emacs have the equivalent of Xemacs mouse-track-insert

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: Does gnu emacs have the equivalent of Xemacs mouse-track-insert
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:44:25 -0000

In article <87sk8586ss.fsf@rapttech.com.au>,
Tim X  <timx@nospam.dev.null> wrote:

>Or just use system -> preferences -> keyboard shortcuts
>
>There are a number of 'default' gnome keyboard shortcuts I get rid of
>because they either interfere or use valuable mappings I like to use for
>emacs, such as alt-tab, some of the function keys and a few others.
>Using the GUI interface, its quite easy to replace any WM shortcuts you
>want to keep with some of the rarely used keys that are less likely to
>interfere with emacs, such as super/hyper (those 'extra' keys usually
>between Ctl and Alt, often with a windows logo etc).

Please, in detail, what do you do to avoid getting screwed by
gnome (when using emacs).  (Also, outside of emacs).

I'm dreading having to go to gnome -- on Solaris 10 I'm
still managing to use the familiar (and nice) CDE.

One of these days, Solaris 11 maybe, no CDE will be
available, so Sun/Oracle will force gnome down everyone's
throats (throat or throats?).

Thanks!

David