RE: Scrolling text erases the search highlight

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Scrolling text erases the search highlight
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 06:51:59 -0700

> All the commands of icicles seems to be not defined (i.e. when I hit
> 'M-x icicles' and them 'Tab', the auto-completion says that
> there is no match). It seems that those commands are not built-in in my
> emacs. I'm using GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu,
> GTK+ Version 2.20.1). How can I download and install these commands
> or enable them while compiling? I compiled it by myself, so it is
> possible that I didn't selected the correct options while compiling.

Icicles is not included in vanilla Emacs. If you want to try it, you need to
download the files.  This page tells you how:
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/Icicles_-_Libraries

This is the main Icicles page (table of contents for the other pages):
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Icicles

These pages provide in-depth overviews:
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsNewbieWithIcicles
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Icicles_-_Nutshell_View

To send a bug report, use `M-x icicle-send-bug-report' or use this page:
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/IciclesIssues