Keeping a small window smartly up-to-date

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Keeping a small window smartly up-to-date
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 15:00:07 +0200

I would like to keep track of my TODO list with org-mode in every
project.

I've read all the docs about windows but I still have some doubts, I
write it here because I think it could be useful...

My idea is that after the frame is created:
(by the way is this   (add-hook 'after-make-frame-functions 'full) for
exmaple correct to set a function after emacs boot?)

  (setq agenda-window (split-window-vertically -10))
  ;; now open the right buffer in it
  ;; set it as a dedicated window
  ;; set the size fixed

I create a small window, dedicate it to the org-mode agenda and set the
size fixed.

Then every time I switch buffer I check the active buffer, and run the
appropriate update on the dedicated window.

Could that work?
Does it make sense?