Tramp problems with Emacs 24

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Tramp problems with Emacs 24
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 12:21:51 -0700

Hi,

I use TRAMP quite a bit, but lately I have noticed often it fails to
write the files when I save from time to time with `C-x C-s'.Sometimes
it hangs trying to save and I have to quit with `C-g' and repeat the
command. Rarely I even need to kill the buffer and reopen it to go
back to normal. Also I can't use many of the vc-git-* comands like,
`(vc-print-log)' or `(vc-print-root-log)'. It gets stuck with a
message like this,

WARNING: terminal is not fully functional
 -  (press RETURN)

The buffer then gets stuck and I have to kill it. On doing so, I get
prompted like this "Buffer has a running process; kill it? (y or n) y"

Is anyone else experiencing these issues? I am using emacs with
`(setq debug-on-error t)', but still I don't see a backtrace when
these happen. Any ideas how to debug this?

--
Suvayu