Re: repeating input with different outputs

From: XeCycle
Subject: Re: repeating input with different outputs
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 16:17:14 +0800

[...]

> Not that you really need another solution, but keyboard macros come with
> a counter that can be (de|in)cremented. To learn keyboard macros, I once
> made one that sang the "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" song all the
> way down to zero. Well, didn't actually "sing" it (I didn't have that
> package installed).
>
> So:
>
> C-x C-k C-c (kmacro-set-counter) '1'
> <f3> (start the macro)
> 'chapter 4.' then hit <f3> again (this time it runs kmacro-insert-counter)
> newline, then <f4> to finish recording, and you're done.
>
> The counter automatically increments by one for each pass. If you want a
> different value you can use C-x C-k C-a in the macro to add a (possibly
> negative) value to the default value of 1.
>
> Just one more option…

I believe this would be the preferred way, as said in the manual.

BTW I want to ask this:  I have a sorted list (logically), but with
wrong numbers in them.  What if I want to correct these numbers to be
consistent with the logical order?  Is deleting all the numbers at first
the best solution?

--
Carl Lei (XeCycle)
Department of Physics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University