Re: Make fails on Mac OS 10.7: ld: symbol(s) not found

From: Marius Hofert
Subject: Re: Make fails on Mac OS 10.7: ld: symbol(s) not found
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 14:42:19 +0200

Hi,

here is what I have figured out so far:
I found the file ./nextstep/INSTALL. In there it is described that one should
use ./configure --with-ns. On doing so, I obtained a different failure, but I
found online that a lot of people seem to have trouble with this as well (Xcode
4 + emacs 23.3). The problem is described here:
http://readystate4.com/2011/04/19/installing-latest-command-line-emacs-on-mac-os-x/comment-page-1/#comment-1988
 (see the comment of "gkc"). A link is provided in the "Update" section in the
beginning of the webpage. Unfortunately, this link is dead.
I'm not sure how emacs can be build  then. If anyone knows an answer, I'd be
happy to hear about it.

Cheers,

Marius