Re: Gnus: Error on setting up IMAP accounts

From: Marius Hofert
Subject: Re: Gnus: Error on setting up IMAP accounts
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 11:45:48 +0200

Dear Tassilo,

thanks a lot.

I minimalized "gnus-secondary-select-methods" as you suggested. I also adjusted
authinfo and put (org-contacts-gnus-insinuate) in .emacs.

The connection to mail.uni.edu at startup works quite fast (about 1s), but the
I get asked "Buffer has a running process; kill it?" If I choose yes, then
"imap: Connecting to imap.googlemail.com..." appears (again, for as long as I
don't abort it with C-g). I also very briefly see "error in process filter:
Internal error, tag 4 status BAD code nil text Command received in Invalid
state."

Reading /Users/myuser/.newsrc.eld...
Reading active file via nnnil...done
Reading active file from address@uni.edu via nnimap...
Opening nnimap server on address@uni.edu...
imap: Connecting to mail.uni.edu...
Waiting for response from mail.uni.edu...done
imap: Reconnecting with stream `starttls'...
Opening STARTTLS connection to `mail.uni.edu:143'...
Buffer has a running process; kill it? (y or n)y
imap: Reconnecting with stream `starttls'...failed
imap: Connecting to mail.uni.edu...done
Parsing authinfo file `~/.authinfo'.
imap: Authenticating to `mail.uni.edu' using `anonymous'...
imap: Logging in anonymously...
imap: Authenticating to `mail.uni.edu' using `anonymous'...failed
Opening nnimap server on address@uni.edu...done
Reading active file from address@googlemail.com via nnimap...
Opening nnimap server on address@googlemail.com...
imap: Connecting to imap.googlemail.com...failed
Opening nnimap server on address@googlemail.com...failed
Opening nnimap server on address@uni.edu...
imap: Connecting to mail.uni.edu...failed
Opening nnimap server on address@uni.edu...failed
Opening nnimap server on address@googlemail.com...
Denied server nnimap+address@googlemail.com
Opening nnimap server on address@googlemail.com...failed
No new newsgroups
Checking new news...
Opening nndoc server on gnus-help...done
Checking new news...done

Also, the  (org-contacts-gnus-insinuate) statement did not change anything
concerning the completion (I am in the "To" line and type "Us" + TAB. I expect
to get "User", but nothing happens), but that's certainly not the major problem
at the moment.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Cheers,

Marius