Re: Gnus: default position of point in replies

From: Marius Hofert
Subject: Re: Gnus: default position of point in replies
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:08:09 +0100

On 2011-11-28, at 08:24 , Eric Abrahamsen wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 28 2011, Marius Hofert wrote:
>
>> Dear Eric,
>>
>> thanks for helping, that worked.
>> However, the signature is now also placed above the original message.
>> Assuming you decide to reply "inline" (to certain parts of the message
>> individually), then your reply starts with the signature... This would
>> require to cut the signature and put it in the message foot...
>> Is there any way to solve that?
>
> Huh, good point -- I hadn't even really noticed. Come to think of it it
> would be nice both have the signature at the bottom, and to not add
> another one at all if one of your previous quoted messages already
> contains it. I'm crossposting to gnus.general, where we're more likely
> to get someone who knows…
>
> Eric

Thanks, Eric.
For forwarding messages, I found "Message Forward Before Signature" (M-x
customize-group, Message Forwarding), it would be nice to have something
similar for replies. Another point I realized is that if you reply from an
account without signature, I still get the separator "-- " in the beginning of
the reply. That might need a fix, too (?).

Cheers,

Marius