Re: (fwd) Re: Trying to use only tabs for indenting c# files - csharp-mo

From: Guido Van Hoecke
Subject: Re: (fwd) Re: Trying to use only tabs for indenting c# files - csharp-mode error?
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 16:22:52 +0100

Hi Óscar,

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 15:26, Óscar Fuentes <ofv@wanadoo.es> wrote:

>>> C# mode is derived from CC Mode, so read the CC Mode manual. :-)
>
> Alan: there are mentions to cc-mode all around csharp-mode.el. Your name
> is prominently mentioned on the Acknowledgements section too. It would
> be even nicer if CC Mode were capitalized correctly, though. :-)
>
>>> However, for your specific problem, the variable c-basic-offset needs
>>> to be set to 8. Currently, it looks like it is 2.
>>
>> That was the missing piece of information!
>>
>> With c-basic-offset set to 8, the requested behaviour is obtained.
>
> The function hook I recommended you to try on a previous message
> activated the "C#" style, which is defined into csharp-mode:
>
> (defun my-csharp-mode-fn ()
>  (c-set-style "C#")
>  (setq tab-width 4)
>  (setq indent-tabs-mode t))
>
> (add-hook 'csharp-mode-hook 'my-csharp-mode-fn)
>
> It sets c-basic-offset to 4. So with that setup you should see tabs
> instead of spaces too. I wonder why you didn't.

Well, on the one hand, c-basic-offset should be 8 for this case, but on the
other hand, emacs complains with "Undefined style: C#" when entering c# mode.

Kind regards,

Guido

--
        "And what will you do when you grow up to be as big as me?"
asked the father of his little son.

http://vanhoecke.org ... and go2 places!