Re: I can't use Alt+Shift

From: 郭晓峰
Subject: Re: I can't use Alt+Shift
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 10:00:22 -0800

Maybe something below is useful:
- Make sure your terminal or GUI transfer the key to the place you run
emacs. To confirm this, you can use "showkey" in console-tools for
terminal, or "xev" in X.
- If it is transferred, make sure you can see the same "scan code" in
emacs, with "Ctrl-h l", which will show you latest keyboard strokes.
- If you can see the strokes in emacs, make sure it is combined with
the emacs keymap. "Ctrl-h b" will show you all the mapping. "M-right"
or "M->", I am not sure which one you like, should be combined with
the key.
- In the end, make sure <M-right> is combined with some emacs
interactive function.

Hope I didn't miss anything here, and hope the hints are helpful to you.

Best Regards,
Xiaofeng