Re: can't access info dir in emacs under msys2

From: Bostjan Vilfan
Subject: Re: can't access info dir in emacs under msys2
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 08:39:46 -0700 (PDT)

On Monday, October 3, 2016 at 3:40:03 PM UTC+2, Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희, 黃炳熙)
wrote:
> Bostjan Vilfan <bjvilfan@gmail.com> 께서 쓰시길,
>  《記事 全文 <c259728c-5134-41c7-b25b-8227ee8cae07@googlegroups.com>
>  에서》:
>
> > Hello,
> > I installed 64bit emacs in my Windows 10 computer as described in
> > https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/download.html;
> > however, I am experiencing difficulties in accessing manuals, other
> > than the emacs manual and the emacs lisp manual (for example, I would
> > like to access the org mode manual). Could someone, please, let me
> > know how to set up emacs so that I can access all manuals in
> > /msys64/mingw64/share/info.
> > Regards,
> > bostjanv
>
> At gnu web site, there are official manual. Because setup manual in
> system, it is not easy to MS-Windows users. Just you would be visiting
> gnu web site, then check out emacs manual. In my case Google is my
> friend^^
>
> --
> ^고맙습니다 _地平天成_ 감사합니다_^))//

Hello,
If I understand you correctly, you are referring me to the emacs manual. But
that is exactly my problem. Nothing in the manual seems to work. For example,
the manual says that the main info directory may be supplied with the
environment variable INFOPATH. Doesn't work. Whatever value I give it, the only
info manuals I am able to display are the emacs manual and the emacs lisp
manual. Then there is the customizable variable Info-default-directory-list,
which also does not seem to work. So I hope I have described the problem
sufficiently.
Regards,
bostjanv