Strange eval behaviour

From: Stefan Huchler
Subject: Strange eval behaviour
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 22:28:59 +0100

I had this strange bug in my code that I could not debug, everytime I
tried to print out some stuff to see whats happenig it startet to
working.

Now I have pinned it down to the point that whenever I restart emacs, it
does not work, till I evaluate manualy the function in that elisp file.

http://ix.io/1EEU

That should be the relevant points, the function I have to manualy
re-evaluate is the kodi-remote-get function.

in my init file I load that file/module with:

(require 'kodi-remote)
(setq kodi-host-name "myserver:9099")

other functions that use my post method all in this file, work, like
kodi-remote-musik that starts party mode music playback.

Its funny I can use the kodi-remote-play-pause function a hundret times
and it I think returns nil and does nothing, then I go with the help
function to that file eval the kodi-remote-get function and from then on
it works.

Do I miss maybe something very obvious?