Re: Gnus and offline Email

From: Filipp Gunbin
Subject: Re: Gnus and offline Email
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 16:47:23 +0300

On 15/11/2016 09:44 -0800, Jeffrey DeLeo wrote:

> Re: sending mail: In fact, I used to send mail directly from emacs. This
> involved fiddling with a number of things. It turned out to be much
> easier to just let postfix handle it. For example, I use several
> different email accounts to send mail from in Gnus; I now let gnus know
> about this via posting-styles, and let postfix worry about which address
> should go to which server, and how.

Could you please show how you set up whatever points to your target smtp
server in posting styles?

I now write smth like this to separate my private and work accounts:

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '((".*"
         (address "fgunbin@fastmail.fm")
         ("X-Message-SMTP-Method" "smtp mail.messagingengine.com 587"))
        ("nnfolder\\+mailserver:mail.work"
         (address "fgunbin@work.com")
         ("X-Message-SMTP-Method" "smtp outlook.office365.com 587"))))

When replying, it just works.  When writing new message, I have to put
point onto `mail.work' group in *Groups* and use `C-u m' to have *message*
buffer set with the posting style above.

Filipp