Re: text displayed in the header line with wrong faces

From: Alex Kost
Subject: Re: text displayed in the header line with wrong faces
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 16:04:05 +0300

Ernest Adrogué (2016-12-20 11:25 +0100) wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Face attributes appear to be interpreted differently in the window
> header line than in other parts of the window.  For instance, if I
> evaluate
>
> (setq header-line-format
>       '(:eval (propertize "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz"
>                           'face 'show-paren-match)))
>
> the text in the header line is displayed in what seems to be reverse
> video: http://i.imgur.com/BU0XmGm.png
>
> This doesn't happen if I disable the theme that I'm using (namely
> solarized, which can found here:
> https://github.com/sellout/emacs-color-theme-solarized/).  Without a
> theme, background and foreground colours are not swapped, although I
> noticed that then the foreground colour property is not inherited.
>
> Any pointers on what could be causing this?

I can't reproduce this behavior.  For me, it displays a usual
'show-paren-match' face.  I tried some other faces, and I also tried
with "emacs -Q", and every time I got expected colors (but I didn't try
that particular theme).

Perhaps the problem is that "emacs-color-theme-solarized" is a so-called
"color theme", not "custom theme" which is supported by Emacs 24 and
above.  Did you try with any custom theme (displayed in "M-x
customize-themes")?

There is <https://github.com/bbatsov/solarized-emacs> which is probably
similar (I don't know though as I don't use it) but it is "custom".

--
Alex