Init File Company-Mode Setup

From: Ari King
Subject: Init File Company-Mode Setup
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 12:26:53 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I'm trying to configure company-mode to activate in all buffers, with
appropriate back-ends depending on file-type. To that end, I've added the
following to my init.el file.

;; Enable global company mode
(require 'company)
(add-hook 'after-init-hook 'global-company-mode)
(setq company-idle-delay 0.1)
(setq company-minimum-prefix-length 1)
(setq company-backends '((company-capf company-files company-elisp
company-inf-ruby company-anaconda company-go company-irony company-clang
company-cmake company-css company-yasnippet) (company-dabbrev
company-dabbrev-code)))

However, regardless of which file-type I open, company-mode does not
automatically activate. Help in sorting this out is appreciated.

Full init.el file is here: http://pastebin.com/eyvvzUPW