open in browser

From: Martin
Subject: open in browser
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 13:59:06 +0100

Hi there,

at the moment I'm using

;; (setq browse-url-browser-function 'browse-url-chromium)
(setq browse-url-browser-function 'browse-url-firefox)

to determine which browser to use within emacs.  For some reasons I
switch between firefox and chromium, and now I wonder if I could get
emacs to use the browser I'm using at the moment.  But I don't really
know where to start maybe you can help me.

I'm using arch linux with emacs 25.1.1 here.

If firefox is running (we can see it in proc maybe get it with ps) I
want emacs to open links in firefox and if chromium is running I want
emacs to open links in chromium.  And if both are running i would
prefer chromium.

How could a function for browse-url-browser-function look like for that
purpose?

Thanks,
Martin

--