Re: unexpected byte-compiler behaviour

From: hector
Subject: Re: unexpected byte-compiler behaviour
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 20:25:03 +0100

Thank you for your reply.

One of the problems here is that I'm thinking in C. That's where I come
from and sometimes it's hard to get accustomed to a new language.

You don't need to define a function before it is called. That's why
the "function is not defined" message is delayed until the end of parsing.

I think perhaps I should use "(require 'eieio):

(defclass lyqi-abbrev ()
  ((abbrev :initarg :abbrev)
   (collection :initarg :collection)
   (start-position :initarg :start-position)))

But then, is "defclass" defined even if I don't require eieio?