Re: About how misspelled word are displayed

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: About how misspelled word are displayed
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 21:30:13 +0200

Drew Adams wrote:
And for stuff that is not so simple, it is better to rely
on Customize.

Yes, you are right but I have spent all the afternoon trying to find in 'Options - Customize Emacs' the things to customize and how... at the end I found this post: https://email.esm.psu.edu/pipermail/macosx-emacs/2008-October/000888.html which helped a bit.

In short I have to use something like this:

(custom-set-faces
'(flyspell-duplicate ((t (:foreground "Gold3" :underline t :weight
normal))))
   '(flyspell-incorrect ((t (:foreground "OrangeRed" :underline t
:weight normal))))
)

Really I already have in my init.el:

;; Instead of saving on ~/.emacs.d/init.el
(setq custom-file "~/.emacs.d/custom.el")
(load custom-file)

this because I have installed packages from MELPA and I didn't want my init file changed silently (*).

For this reasons, usually, I want to put all customizations, decided by me, in init.el leaving all the rest in custom.el.

In this case, since _I_ want to change 'flyspell-duplicate', 'flyspell-incorrect', I would to add the code in init.el without duplicating the "custom-set-faces" (one in init.el and one in custom.el (*))

In any case, thanks for all your help.

Angelo

----
(*) Installing from MELPA adds something like this to init.el if ono does not set a custom file:

(custom-set-variables
 ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
 '(package-selected-packages (quote (tabbar-ruler sr-speedbar))))
(custom-set-faces
 ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
 )