Re: Emacs user manual in Spanish

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs user manual in Spanish
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 00:40:29 +0200

Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:

> People who understand English can enable
> people who don't. Once there are enough
> people who have access to ressource in their
> native language, there begins to be
> a production in the native language. And then
> people don't need the original language
> anymore. That's how it works. And that's
> a good thing.

Programming should be done and documented in
the old Anglo-American. This will benefit
everyone, native anglophones and everyone else.
Not just in the long run, but *now*.

English *is* the "native language" of computers
and computing. Deal with it.

> It is only where there are not enough natives
> in a given language that there is a tendency
> to stick to the foreign language. It does not
> seem to be the case for Spanish.
> Plus technologies that have good ressources
> in the native language tend to be adopted
> first, for obvious reasons. So if we want
> Emacs and Lisp to be more popular with
> Spanish users it makes sense to produce the
> most Spanish documentation possible.

It makes sense to produce introductory texts,
FAQs, and "culture" books in Spanish and every
other language. But not the technology itself.
And manuals and reference books are part
of technology.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573