Re: Emacs user manual in Spanish

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: Emacs user manual in Spanish
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 07:22:25 +0200

Hi all

It would definitely be possible. We could translate the texinfo to wiki markup
automatically. Many years ago I had written such a similar thing for Emacs
Wiki: it translated the entire wiki to texinfo and then turned it into an info
file for offline viewing. But it got lost. And the wiki kept growing.

Perhaps there is already a texinfo to markdown translator available via pandoc
and we could hook into that. Add some markdown rules to the wiki markup, for
example.

The problem would be getting back to texinfo and producing a good looking print
version of the manual, however. And what about manually generating the texinfo
menus?

Unless of course one would deem an online wiki good enough, of course.

Cheers
Alex
--
Typed on a tiny keyboard. Sorry for being terse.