Re: Emacs user manual in Spanish

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: Emacs user manual in Spanish
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2017 12:34:34 -0400

Stephen Berman <stephen.berman@gmx.net> writes:

>>> Are you genuinely asking for a reference ? Are you actually reading
>>> this thread or just trolling ? I gave plenty of reference in the
>>> discussion. So find yourself the relevant keywords and do the search
>>> again.
>>>

>> You gave absolutely no references - I read the discussion as it was
>> happening, but I also went back and read every response of
>> yours. Obviously, this is a tangential point, but it is interesting to
>> me, so I googled and got zilch: maybe my google-fu is weak, which is
>> why I asked for a reference.  So if you have one, I'd appreciate it.
>> If not, just say so.
>
> How about this?
>
> http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/adv/wol/dy/opinion/culture_100823.html

Thanks - I did find that and it contains some useful references but I
was looking for a more "official" position, not an opinion piece (not
necessarily a statement by the government, but something from a
reputable source reporting that the government was considering it).
Also, this is dated Aug. 23, 2010.

There are plenty of Japanese multinationals that are adopting English
as their "official" language. That certainly creates pressure on the
government to adopt a more flexible policy: I wondered whether there
is any tangible manifestation of that pressure having any effect on the
government (yet).

Again, I realize this is tangential and I don't want to hijack the
thread any more than I have already. If anybody finds additional
references, I will gladly accept them in private email.

The Google search I tried by the way was "japan english official
language" and several variations that didn't really change much.

Thanks!
--
Nick