Re: Emacs user manual in Spanish

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs user manual in Spanish
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2017 21:45:04 +0200

Óscar Fuentes wrote:

> You are falling into the trap of the
> self-full-filing prophecy. Since using Emacs
> requires to know English, people who do not
> meet that requirement does not use Emacs, and
> people who do use the English forums.

Well, one could think of the scenario that
a person knows good enough English to use
a piece of software which is in English, write
code or whatever in what is some version of
English, but when discussing things, asking for
help etc. would prefer to do so in his
native language.

That said, in the discussion there was the
point raised that ~"people who come from huge
langauge groups (not English) don't need to
learn English as much as people from small
languages because they (the big language
people) have like a parallel structure where
they can use the software and discuss it in in
their native language".

And indeed, the Gmane server list has 37 hits
for "spanish", and the aioe one has 11. [1]

But only one Emacs related, with close to
zero activity.

Indeed, I think many hispanic people use Emacs
and in time God willing they will show up here
as well when their general English skills
improve which has already happened quickly in
France, Germany, Russia, and in many other
countries as well.

[1] The respective digits for "french" is
    79-15, for "german" 103-98, for "swedish"
    5-5, and so on.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573