.emacs warning

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: .emacs warning
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 00:26:30 -0400 (EDT)

Symbols variable is void on following code.

cut here.
(setq calendar-location-name "Ottsville, PA")
(defalias 'gk-urls-external-browser 'browse-url-xdg-open)

(defun gk-browse-url (&rest args)
  "Prompt for whether or not to browse with EWW, if no browse
with external browser."
  (apply
   (if (y-or-n-p "Browse with EWW? ")
       'eww-browse-url
     'gk-urls-external-browser)
   args))

(setq browse-url-browser-function #'gk-browse-url)

   The code should be self-explanatory, but let me save you the read: it'll
make a y-or-n prompt asking whether or not to
   use EWW to browse, if you hit n, it invokes your default browser.

cut here.
I'm using emacs 26 and once emacs starts up the code appears to work.
What is needed to clear the warning?