Re: hook and interactive with parameter

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: hook and interactive with parameter
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 15:44:29 +0700

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 3:23 PM, Lajos Bodnar <bodnarlajoska@gmail.com> wrote:

> What is your advice ?
> The problem is that if I open a haskell file then sometimes I don't want to
> run intero-mode with it (because the intero mode is very expensive).
> In most cases I would like to run intero but not all time.

Option 1: Bind intero-mode to an easy key, such as <f9>. Press it
after opening each file. In term of keypresses, pressing <f9> is not
much worse than pressing “y” when you want to enable the mode, and not
pressing <f9> is cheaper than pressing “n” when you don’t.

Option 2: Enable intero-mode from the hook unconditionally and
tolerate the expensiveness. Maybe bind a key to disable the mode.

Option 3: Enable intero-mode dependent on a variable, let’s say,
“my-enable-intero-mode”. Manage it as a file-local or directory-local
variable.