Re: Any way to control which articles Gnus summary shows by default?

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Any way to control which articles Gnus summary shows by default?
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2018 16:33:44 +0200

Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> writes:

> > A hack would probably call `gnus-summary-limit'
>
> Are you sure? That one isn't documented, but the interface doesn't
> have an argument or so to imply one can process articles differently.

AFAICT most commands of kind "insert*articles" and "limit-to-*" are
implemented on top of it.

> Did you manage to solve this the "hack"/hook way?

No, I didn't try, I don't want to.  I'm quite sure doing it in a way
that it "works" somehow is easy.  Doing it right so that maintainers can
be sure it does the right thing under any circumstances is the hard
part.  The Gnus sources are complicated, so it's better you know what
you are doing.

Michael.