Re: Path of tool-bar icons

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Path of tool-bar icons
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 11:22:17 +0200

Mick Bert wrote:

> When I run it, it does not display any icon
> in the toolbar. Icons are at path:
>
>   /usr/share/emacs/24.3/etc/images
>
> How can I know where emacs is looking for
> icons, or possibly change such path?

Well, I don't use RHEL or icons or tool bars,
but if Emacs couldn't find the icons, wouldn't
that have rendered an error rather than the
icons peacefully not showing up? Perhaps they
are just disabled?

Check out `tool-bar-style' if you're on GTK+.
Or perhaps `tool-bar-images-pixel-height' is
set to 0 :)

    tool-bar-style is a variable defined in `C
    source code'. Its value is nil

    Documentation:
    Tool bar style to use.
    It can be one of
     image            - show images only
     text             - show text only
     both             - show both, text below image
     both-horiz       - show text to the right of the image
     text-image-horiz - show text to the left of the image
     any other        - use system default or image if no system default.

    This variable only affects the GTK+ toolkit
    version of Emacs.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573