Re: Path of tool-bar icons

From: Mick Bert
Subject: Re: Path of tool-bar icons
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 13:20:21 +0200

> Mick Bert wrote:
>
> > When I run it, it does not display any icon
> > in the toolbar. Icons are at path:
> >
> >   /usr/share/emacs/24.3/etc/images
> >
> > How can I know where emacs is looking for
> > icons, or possibly change such path?
>
> Well, I don't use RHEL or icons or tool bars,
> but if Emacs couldn't find the icons, wouldn't
> that have rendered an error rather than the
> icons peacefully not showing up? Perhaps they
> are just disabled?

No messages at all on strerr ot stdout. Toolbar is enable as by default.
I can disable and enable it with M-x tool-bar-mode, the toolbar disappear
and appear again, but empty. I can click buttons (and they works), and I
see tool-tips rolling with mouse pointer, but all I can see is a uniform
gray strip.

> Check out `tool-bar-style' if you're on GTK+.
> Or perhaps `tool-bar-images-pixel-height' is
> set to 0 :)

Neither the first nor the second variable affect the toolbar at all. I set
them with:

  M-x eval-expression
than
  (setq tool-bar-images-pixel-height 40)

>     This variable only affects the GTK+ toolkit
>     version of Emacs.

The version of emacs I wrote in the first email was the resulat of

  M-x version

so I think is reliable.

--
Mick