Re: Where to put media demonstrating Gnu Elpa packages?

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Where to put media demonstrating Gnu Elpa packages?
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 23:28:21 +0200

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> It could be simple. Just find ANY hosting account and upload video,
> and provide link to it.

Sure.  But it's a question if Emacs development should rely on something
like youtube, and if it is only for demonstration stuff.  Also some
people don't like to run nonfree javascript code on their side.  That's
why I'm looking for something better than "any".

> I use following bash function to convert video to webm:
>
> function video2webm () {
>     bitrate=$1;
>     shift;
>     for file in "$@";
>     do out=${file%.*}.webm;
>        ffmpeg -y -i "$file" -c:v libvpx-vp9 -b:v $bitrate -pass 1 -speed 4
> -c:a libopus -f webm /dev/null -async 1 -vsync passthrough && \
>          ffmpeg -i "$file" -c:v libvpx-vp9 -b:v $bitrate -pass 2 -speed 1
> -c:a libopus "$out" -async 1 -vsync passthrough;
>     done;
> }
>
> then I do like:
>
> video2webm 300k video.mp4
>
> so this way I get smaller video when necessary.

Thanks for sharing.  I think I'm doing something similar with shotcut,
though I need a mouse.  I can also choose a lot of parameters and the
result is pretty small.  I expected an animated gif would be even
smaller, but it seems it is actually much larger (about a factor of 50
or so).

Michael.