Re: How to stop all edebug?

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: How to stop all edebug?
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 08:46:32 +0200

Zhang Haijun <ccsmile2008@outlook.com> writes:

> I edebug(use edebug-defun) some functions in file.el and then close
> file.el. When I open a new file, emacs aborts and show a buffer with
> edebug error(It can’t find the original buffer to debug).
>
> And I event can’t quit emacs because there are functions in
> kill-emacs-hook which try to open file and save data(such as recentf).
>
> Is it possible to cleanup all edebug sessions?

There has been a commit to the master branch some days ago that makes
`cancel-edebug-on-entry' do that by default (confirm with an empty
prompt).  If you don't use the master branch, this is the code that does
what you want:

(dolist (function (edebug--edebug-on-entry-functions))
  (put function 'edebug-on-entry nil))

Michael.