Re: Enable/disable theme while using desktop-save-mode

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: Re: Enable/disable theme while using desktop-save-mode
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2019 10:38:30 +0530

> I'd recommend you give more details.  Such as *how* you "disable" your
> themes and what settings you have noticed are still affected by the
> (now disabled) themes.

Okay. Here is my configuration,

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(setq-default custom-enabled-themes '(sanityinc-tomorrow-bright))

;; Ensure that themes will be applied even if they have not been customized
(defun reapply-themes ()
  "Forcibly load the themes listed in `custom-enabled-themes'."
  (dolist (theme custom-enabled-themes)
    (unless (custom-theme-p theme)
      (load-theme theme))))

(add-hook 'after-init-hook 'reapply-themes)
#+END_SRC

Now, to disable the theme I just commented these lines and restarted
Emacs. This should start Emacs with default theme with white
background. But the application starts with dark background although
some of the settings are gone. The font colours etc are different.

I am suspecting that this is because I have desktop-save-mode
enabled. If I start with '-Q' option then everything is ok. Because then
it doesn't read the desktop file.

I want to understand how to completely wipe out theme settings even from
saved-desktop. (If that is the reason).

Regards,
--
Pankaj Jangid