Re: Executing Emacs commands when a gdb breakpoint is hit

From: otadmor .
Subject: Re: Executing Emacs commands when a gdb breakpoint is hit
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 21:55:29 +0200

I would like to suggest a bit different approach.
I have a code allowing auto-completions from external programs running
inside a comint buffer.
It uses epc server running in emacs (elisp) and python-epc client. It
allows me to complete, for example, gdb commands for the gdb running
inside the comint buffer. The same code can call other server methods
to notify a gdb stop event.
The python code is loaded automatically into gdb using ~/.gdbinit, and
the elisp code is stored in ~/.emacs.d.
The completion code supports auto-complete, company and
complete-at-point frontends and support python and frida backends.
It seems easy to add the support for gdb stop events and I actually
planned on doing it in the future when I will have time, I just dont
have the time :-)

--
Gretz,
Ofir Tadmor