Logging and Auditing functions executed by Emacs Lisp interpreter

From: Narendra Joshi
Subject: Logging and Auditing functions executed by Emacs Lisp interpreter
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2020 23:48:25 +0200

Hi,

I use a package- `elisp-demos`, which adds examples of Emacs Lisp functions to `help` buffers. I was curious to know whether it executed the examples on my machine to show their output or not. I figured out that the output is also hard-coded in the package files. This led me to start looking for something that would allow me to see what the Emacs Lisp interpreter is evaluating, e.g. the functions that it had to call during evaluation. Something similar to `view-lossage` but that includes non-interactive functions (e.g. network calls made from installed packages, processes spawned, or functions being called by timers regularly). Is there such a feature in Emacs?
--
Narendra Joshi