Any tips on maintaining two differently configured daemons

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Any tips on maintaining two differently configured daemons
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 10:43:58 -0800

Using GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.30)

on ubuntu 16.04

I have a a specialized console configuration running as a daemon and I configured ubuntu so that emacsclient will be my system editor.

I also run emacs as a gui instance, using .emacs.d/init.el as the configuration path. I intend to set this gui instance up as a daemon also. Not that it loads slow, I've got a solid-state drive.

Since it seems like I'm constantly tinkering with emacs, it is inevitable that I will end up modifying and reloading packages and other elisp files. Some of those will be shared by both instances.

Any caveats or gotchas I should watch out for?

thanks

--
Tim
tj49.com